Why did everyone in delivery room go quiet when my baby was born? I think she is beautiful even if extra toes, fingers.

Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Podiatry
In brief: Extra digits
Extra digits occur and if they are such that they may cause biomechanical issues, they can be removed.
An evaluation of what bones are duplicated must be done in order to remove the accessory or supranumerary. Children recover well from this. All children, even those with extra digits are beautiful!

In brief: Extra digits
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Miguel Cano
In brief: Lawsuits
I agree with you, your delivery should have been a joyous occasion.
Unfortunately, people have sued their obs for less reasons and this makes it awkward for any medical staff. It's crazy but i've heard of patients suing for wrongful birth for this, stating they should have been told... This makes it difficult for anyone to speak, not wanting to say something that can go on record. Crazy, huh?

In brief: Lawsuits
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham