What is diabetes mellitus?

Dr. Brian Kaufman
In brief: "Sugar diabetes"
Diabetes mellitus is the medical term for the common form of diabetes.
Diabetes is a word which originally meant "flow like a siphon" or "frequent urination" and mellitus means "sweet". This is the most common form of diabetes in the us i.e. Diabetes mellitus type 2.This is from Insulin resistance which occurs mostly from obesity.

In brief: "Sugar diabetes"
Dr. Brian Kaufman
Dr. Brian Kaufman
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Mellitus is a Greek word that means "honey" which was the only natural sweetener at the time.
Dr. David Geffner
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: There are many types
I recommend you look them up by googling the subject or just go to wickipedia or the american diabetes association.

In brief: There are many types
Dr. David Geffner
Dr. David Geffner