My 7 yrs old has enlarged adenoids. His ENT has given him nasonex (mometasone) spray for 2 months two times. After treatment he stopped snoring. But he starts snoring again after couple of weeks after stop med.

Adenoids ; snoring. Hello, when we prescribe intranasal steroids, we are doing so to help reduce swelling within the nasal cavity. Since your child noted a resolution of the snoring it seems like now there are a few options. Surgical removal of the adenoids, continued ins use or possibly an allergy eval to determine if the adenoids tissues are reactive to allergy. I would recommend the allergy eval. As your doc.
Temporary effects. The nasal steroid only works while you use it. The steroid shrinks the inflamed tissue and stops the turbulent airflow that causes the snoring.
can choose. First, if he is snoring but otherwise sleeping well and not having problems during the day, then it may be ok for him to snore. Adenoids shrink from steroids about 50% of the time. When they swell again this is usually from allergy. If he is having snoring and bedwetting, daytime tiredness, behavior or concentration problems, options are to keep him on the nasonex, (mometasone) to have the adenoids removed.