What if my doctor forgets to give me rhogam after miscarriage?

Dr. Stephen Pappachen
In brief: Follow up
Don't worry. Just call his office and/or contact him/her directly asap.
The time frame for administration is longer than what we used to consider it (about 72 to 96 hours). Additionally, depending on your blood type, you may not even need it.

In brief: Follow up
Dr. Stephen Pappachen
Dr. Stephen Pappachen
Dr. Wayne Ingram
In brief: Flagged chart
Your chart is "flagged" the moment a blood type is done at the doctors office or hospital facility if you are rh negative and Rhogam is invariably given post miscarriage.
If not, possible rh positive cells circulating in your blood stream can "sensitize" future rh positive pregnancies and your immune system could cause a subsequent pregnancy loss. This was common in the 1950's prior to rhogam.

In brief: Flagged chart
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Eric Weisman