Does coffee affect your brain the same way as Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) and Adderall XR or do they counteract each other.

Diff. Mechanisms of . Action. Coffee lowers levels of adenosine, the chemical in our bodies that builds up and makes us sleepy. Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) breaks down into a chemical that increases levels of Dopamine and norepinephrine. Adderall works the same. Caffeine potentates the effect of the other two in terms of nervousness but there are no drug drug interactions otherwise.
Yes, but... While the caffeine in coffee does increase alertness it is working on different receptors in the brain than vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) and Adderall and not nearly as effective for adhd.