Can someone at the hospital explain the autopsy report?

Dr. Amy Gruszecki
Pathology

In brief: Pathologist

The pathologist who conducted the autopsy would likely be the best person to contact to ask questions about the report.
In some cases the family doctor or hospitalist can also answer those questions.

In brief: Pathologist

Dr. Amy Gruszecki
Dr. Amy Gruszecki
Pathology

In brief: It is your right

You have a right, as the next of kin or other interested party, to have the autopsy report explained in layperson's terms.
My reports always have a section that explains clearly to the family what the issues are and what we found. I had to stop talking to most families directly because of all the lawyers. I'm sorry for your loss and for the frustration and wish you luck getting things right.

In brief: It is your right

Dr. Arnon Rubin