Can ptsd and stress cardiomyopathy (a.K.A broken heart syndrome) be connected in any way?

Soldier's Heart. Dr banitt already gave a great explanation regarding broken heart syndrome (stress cardiomyopathy). Of interest, during the civil war the term "soldier's heart" was coined. This was the label given to what is now recognized as ptsd.
Stress on the Heart. Stress cardiomyopathy or "takotsubo" cardiomyopathy is a condition where acute stress activates the sympathetic nerves (nerves which release adrenalin-like compounds) and this stuns the heart and can feel like a heart attack. Fortunately the heart fully recovers within 2 weeks or so. Ptsd does not directly cause this condition, but those suffering from ptsd might be more susceptible.
Probably. Stress cardiomyopathy is a relatively newly recognized entity and I personally have not seen a case but from reports I've read, I would certainly think that they could be related.