I am 5.5 weeks pregnant and i want to know if i can continue taking a supplemental dose of magnesium citrate. 300 mg, every day. It helps with sleep, anxiety and tension headaches from slipped disc.

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Certainly

Congratulations! magnesium is an essential nutrient and is especially important during pregnancy, where it can prevent high blood pressure (pre-eclampsia) and other complications.
It is completely safe to take during pregnancy. I imagine you are already taking a prenatal with folic acid. Biotin and dha are other beneficial nutrients during pregnancy.

In brief: Certainly

Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Feras Abdul khalek
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: It's fine

It's totally safe in pregnancy to take magnesium citrate.
If it helps with your symptoms then go ahead and continue it ! :).

In brief: It's fine

Dr. Feras Abdul khalek
Dr. Feras Abdul khalek
Dr. Adam Levy