Can I be a navy nurse if I have mitral valve regurgitation?

In brief: See Specifics below

The following are causes for commissioning rejection: "all valvular heart diseases, congenital or acquired, including those improved by surgery except mitral valve prolapse and bicuspid aortic valve.
These latter two conditions are not reasons for rejection unless there is associated tachyarrhythmia, mitral regurgitation, aortic stenosis, insufficiency, or cardiomegaly.".

In brief: See Specifics below

Dr. Robert Marvit

In brief: Depends

The degree to which mvr involves any symptoms or lack of cardiac reserve may preclude you.
Regurgutation can occur in a variety of ways and so does it severily.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Robert Marvit
Dr. Robert Marvit