Can diabetic neuropathy give a feeling like you legs are numb?

Yes. Neuropathy is suggested by the numbness. An evaluation will clarify whether it is due to diabetes of other causes. We can also see paresthesias which are skin sensations but not due to neuropathy. If you have diabetes one would be concerned this is diabetic neuropathy but not all neuropathies in people with diabetes is due to diabetes. You need an appropriate evaluation to clarify this.
Yes. Diabetic sensory neuropathy is broken down into large fiber (loss of sensation, loss of proprioception) and small fiber (burning, tingling sensation). Most patients state it starts at the tips of the toes and slowly works it's way up the legs.
Yes. Yes, your legs can feel numb due to diabetic neuropathy. In diabetic neuropathy, high sugars affect the nerves and cause abnormal sensations-like numbness. The first step is keeping your sugar under control. If this doesn't help, there are medicines that can help.