I am 20 years old.I have thyroid problem from the past 16 years.I do take thyroxine 100 mcg regularly.T3 (liothyronine) & T4 are normal TSH >100.Suggest me.......

Dr. Stevan Cordas

In brief: Funny thyroid result

Confusing. First correlate any tests with a clinical pattern.
Discuss with your doctor. Tsh suggests you may need more thyroid or have a problem converting thyroid . You might try Armour Thyroid if your doctor agrees and adjust the dose till the TSH is 3 or less. First rule out a lab error.

In brief: Funny thyroid result

Dr. Stevan Cordas
Dr. Stevan Cordas
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: It makes no sense

If your T4 and t3 (liothyronine) levels are normal, there is no way the TSH would be that high.

In brief: It makes no sense

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Alan Feldman
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Initial diagnosis?

If the t3 (liothyronine) and T4 levels have been consistently normal, and the TSH has been consistently high, you may have thyroid hormone resistance.
This is an inherited disorder, so other family members will have a similar problem. It is typically initially misdiagnosed as hyperthyroidism, and then treated with surgery or radioactive iodine. You would require large doses of thyroid hormone to correct tsh.

In brief: Initial diagnosis?

Dr. Alan Feldman
Dr. Alan Feldman
Dr. Keegan Duchicela