Breast asymmetry surgery. How close in symmetry can the surgeon make them?

Pretty close. It depends on the degree of asymmetry you start with. Usually, surgery can make the asymmetry is severe cases much less obvious, but some small degree of asymmetry will always exist. You and your surgeon should go over this before you decide to have anything done.
Close as normal. But breasts aren't normally perfectly symmetrical, even less so after surgery as surgery cannot be done without some scarring. This should only be undertaken if there is a substantial difference in size, usually a cup or more difference.