How to get rid of purple spots on gums?

In brief: Depends on cause

"purple spots" can mean a number of things.
.. Some benign, some more serious. One thing that comes to mind is an amalgam tatoo, a darkening of the gum tissue where silver filling particles imparted their color. Hard to tell what your condition is, but a visit to your local dentist should be scheduled to rule out anything serious.

In brief: Depends on cause

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Sam Markzar
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: Well.....

I can answer only with assumption that these purple spots are not a patologic entity/lesions.
.. And they have been there for ever.. Which means they are normal pigmentation of the gingiva, and can be seen more in african american individuals, or some people with darker tone of skin. These normal pigmentations could be corrected with a procerdure called "gum bleaching" ; in different ways.

In brief: Well.....

Dr. Sam Markzar
Dr. Sam Markzar
Dr. Keegan Duchicela