After I was diagnosed as having endometriosis, I was told that I have inadequate ovulation. How common is this?

Dr. Kenan Omurtag

In brief: If u are struggling

With infertility I am not surprised that elements of your history may have tipped your physician.
Endometriosis however, do not cuase "inadequate" ovulation. This are two separate processes that can sometimes co-exist but are independent of each other. Ovulatory dysfunction is the most common cause of female infertility. Hope this answers ?

In brief: If u are struggling

Dr. Kenan Omurtag
Dr. Kenan Omurtag
Dr. Michael Traub
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Common

First of all, assessing the quality of ovulation (as opposed to whether ovulation occurs) can be difficult and variable.
But endometriosis can affect the ovaries and affect the environment in which eggs grow. So your hormones production can be impacted.

In brief: Common

Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery