I have a band of a rash on my lower back consisting of many small blisters. They are red and the rash is spreading. It is quite painful as well?

Dr. Gena Kluwe

In brief: Sounds like shingles

If your "rash" on you lower back follows a dermatome-- sounds like you may have "shingles".
Which is re activation of chickenpox (varicella zoster virus). Very painful. You should get seen to make sure what this is. If it's shingles, you can get an anti viral which will help aid in healing. Go to an urgent care if you don't have a doc.

In brief: Sounds like shingles

Dr. Gena Kluwe
Dr. Gena Kluwe
Dr. Joel Gallant
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Shingles?

That sounds like shingles, especially if it's only on one side of your body.
If you get started on medications right away, it will shorten the duration of the illness. People with shingles--especially young people-- should also be tested for hiv.

In brief: Shingles?

Dr. Joel Gallant
Dr. Joel Gallant
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine