Is chewing corn-nuts harmful to your teeth?

Dr. Nela Cordero
In brief: It Depends
Sometimes teeth are durable and no problem but it can break the enamel if you have fillings, crown or dentures.

In brief: It Depends
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Adam Salm
Dentistry
In brief: Not exactly
Anything hard, such as hard nuts and corn kernels can damage teeth if bitten against in the wrong way.
Usually chewing with the back teeth and avoiding biting hard on front teeth will avoid chipping or, in severe cases, deep fractures of teeth. Risk of breaking teeth can cause fillings, crowns and possibly root canals if the fracture is close to nerve of tooth

In brief: Not exactly
Dr. Adam Salm
Dr. Adam Salm
Dr. Gregory Mosolf
In brief: Not usually
Unless you have dental problems they are fine.
If you have fillings ask your dentist. Depending on where the filling is it may break free. I've had the same fillings for thirty five years. Crunch all you want, but watch out each 1 ounce serving is 120 calories.

In brief: Not usually
Dr. Gregory Mosolf
Dr. Gregory Mosolf