Is a neurosurgeon vs orthopedic spine surgeon better for performing cerv artificial disc replacement or vice versa?

Dr. Robert Masson
Neurosurgery

In brief: Most experienced

Both orthopaedic spine surgeons and neurosurgeons can be trained to perform arthroplasty.
I have trained hundreds of both and those with the most commitment to excellence, experience, surgical skill, thoughtful decision making and ultimately commitment to their patients, whether neuro or ortho are best. I encourge you to find a surgeon who has committed experience.

In brief: Most experienced

Dr. Robert Masson
Dr. Robert Masson
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Neurosurgery

In brief: Both are ok

Both neurosurgeons and fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeons treat spinal disorders.
It is worth your time to learn about your surgeon before considering surgery. Hopefully, your primary care doctor can help to point you in the right direction. The most important thing to do is to make sure that the surgeon you choose has expertise in treating your problem. Check out healthgrades.Com.

In brief: Both are ok

Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Atif Haque
Neurosurgery

In brief: Your comfort

Depends on the surgeon and your comfort with him/her. All neurosurgeons are trained to operate on spines without any additional training.
Orthopedic spine surgeons typically need additonal spine fellowships following residency. Some neurosurgeons also do additional training, though it is not required or even expected. See your surgeons experience and what you think of him/her.

In brief: Your comfort

Dr. Atif Haque
Dr. Atif Haque
Dr. Edgar Mendizabal

In brief: Experience counts

Go to the one that did the most.
On the other hand, do a little research as the procedure does not always work.

In brief: Experience counts

Go to the one that did the most.
Dr. Edgar Mendizabal
Dr. Edgar Mendizabal
Dr. Ramon Garcia-septien

In brief: Both are ok

You must choice the one who give you best garanty.

In brief: Both are ok

Dr. Ramon Garcia-septien
Dr. Ramon Garcia-septien