For wisdom teeth removal, do I have to remove my tongue piercing?

Dr. Keith Stockerl-Goldstein
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Probably
This is something to discuss with your oral surgeon or dentist.
Likely they will want your tongue piercing removed during the procedure to decrease any chance of it dislodging and getting into your airway or blocking access to your teeth during the removal.

In brief: Probably
Dr. Keith Stockerl-Goldstein
Dr. Keith Stockerl-Goldstein
Dr. Jake Richards
Dentistry
In brief: No but
You should know that piercing in the mouth.
..Where they don't belong can cause periodontal issues and trauma issues leading to fracture of teeth and even loss of teeth. However i don't require my patients take out their piercings i just remind them of the damage they are causing.

In brief: No but
Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Ragan Faler
Dentistry
In brief: A good idea
A tongue piercing can not only crack a tooth, but can strip away the gum and bone on the back surfaces of the lower front teeth.
When wisdom teeth are removed, the entire mouth, including the tongue, is numb for several hours. This is a good chance to bite down on it and break a tooth. Your dentist may want it out to prevent tears from placement of a mouth prop. Remove it and never put it back.

In brief: A good idea
Dr. Ragan Faler
Dr. Ragan Faler
Dr. Jonathan Jassey