Boyfriend and I not sexually active. We are intimate. Inserted tip of penis but didn't penetrate. Late period, brown discharge 5 days, a blob came out.

What's your question. Penetration = insertion, whether penis, finger, tongue or toy. Therefore, he needs to wear a condom to minimize risk of transmitting/receiving std as well as getting you pregnant (pre-cum contains sperm too). Don't know why your period was late. Maybe miscarriage? Best to start some form of contraception (in add'n to bf wearing condom) to minimize risks. Talk to family doc about options.