Do flu shots really work?

Dr. Mark Diamond

It seems to me that the issue is not that they are perfect, which they are not, but better than just taking chances on nature and our immune systems.
Consistantly our pediatric population of serious ill kids with influenza hospitalizations and icu' issues are 95% unimmunized.The data on guillain-barre is that there is no increased risk.It seems to me that some protection and prevention is better than.

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Ankush Bansal

In brief: Of course

Why would they be manufactured, offered, and recommended if they didn't work? That makes absolutely no sense.
Flu shots reduce the chance you will catch the common strains of flu for that season. It does not completely prevent you from getting the flu, however because flu mutates every year (which is why you need a new flu shot annually).

In brief: Of course

Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Marsha Davis