My fasting is 7 mmol and HbAic is 8% . Have I become a patient of diabetes or can I control it by diet and exercise?

Dr. Bradford Romans

In brief: You should

Follow ur treating physicians advice.
They know you better than i ( history, physical, labs, weight, diet). Some diabetics can get off or stay off meds by losing 20-30 lbs ( if overweight) by a careful diet and exercise regemin. Good luck.

In brief: You should

Follow ur treating physicians advice.
Dr. Bradford Romans
Dr. Bradford Romans
Dr. Hamsa Jayaraj
HbA1C of 8% indicates you are a diabetic. Can be reversed by strict diet & exercise program with persistence.
Dr. John Munshower

In brief: Diabetes

The a1c in diabetes should be 6.
9 or lower (less than 7) to be at goal. Diabetes is a very important, serious medical condition, and you need to be educated and followed regularly by a medical provider. You should be seen every 3 mo, while not at goal, and then every 6 mo when at your goal. Periodic labs, yearly urine/foot/ and eye exams are needed to be monitored too. Best wishes.

In brief: Diabetes

The a1c in diabetes should be 6.
Dr. John Munshower
Dr. John Munshower
Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: Diet and exercise

You can influence your results by diet control and exercise.

In brief: Diet and exercise

Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Peter Kurzweil