How helpful is a pelvic sonogram (ultrasound) in diagnosis of endometriosis?

Endo dx. Only of there is a mass, ultrsound is very non specific tool. Laparoscopy continues to be the gold standard for the diagnosis of endometriosis.
Right now iffy. But getting better. Severe endometriosis (ovarian endometriomas for example) are easily identified on vaginal ultrasound. Also MRI techniques are becoming better. Still nothing beats a history and physical exam and a trial of birth control pills to suppress menses and hopefully pain related to endometriosis.