I have a history of depression. What is the best antidepressant medication?

No "best" . Each person responds differently and even what works for awhile might need to be switched. Part of this is actually placebo, you activating your own optimism and hope. Another part is the novelty of internal chemical experience disrupting the depressed patterns. Without life changes you can learn in talk therapy the old rut can return. So go for safest drug and make good life decisions. Best!
Depression. You have h/o depression but you are not on any anti depressant at present. All ssri are very good. Any one of them can work well with you. Please first see your doctor or psychiatrist who should evaluate you for depression. Make sure no medical condition present. Please read-depression; http://doctorrajput.Com thanks.