Dr says I have bursitus in left hip but xray showed nothing and he wants me to go to physical therapy but i don't have time, can cortisoid shot help?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Absolutely

Yest bursitis of the hip can often respond quite well to an injection of steroid to the area and is often the first line of treatment, particularly in someone with a busy schedule.
Also, because bursitis of the hip is a soft tissue problem it does not show up on an xray. I dont even get an xray if i suspect bursitis because it would not be expected to show it. Thank you for the question.

In brief: Absolutely

Dr. David Trettin
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Potentially , yes

If you have been examined thoroughly by an orthopedic surgeon and he determines that you do, in fact, have the most common type of hip bursitis (@ the greater trochanter)and nsaids and p.
T. Are not helping and you do not have a leg length discrepancy; than yes a sterile injection into the bursa may be helpful.(@ bony prominence on the side of your hip).

In brief: Potentially , yes

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine