What sutures and instruments are used in a laparoscopically assisted vaginal hysterectomy (lavh)?

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham

In brief: That varies

The specific instruments used will depend on the training and experience of the surgeon as well as the particular requirements based on the patient's anatomy and body habitus.
I usually use laparoscopic staples for the internal portion of the surgery and absorbable sutures for the vaginal portion.

In brief: That varies

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Michael Hulse
Gynecology

In brief: Varies

There are many ways to perform an LAVH.
Ports are placed through the abdominal wall to allow for cameras and instruments to be passed through. Anywhere from 1 to 4 ports may be used. Typically some form of electrocautery device is used. A variety of sutures maybe used. All of these things depend on the surgeons preference. Hope this helps.

In brief: Varies

There are many ways to perform an LAVH.
Dr. Michael Hulse
Dr. Michael Hulse
Dr. John Kirk

In brief: Standard laparoscopi

Standard laparoscopic instruments plus a uterine manipulator of choice and an energy source--bipolar, harmonic, combined platforms, robotics, sils etc.
I use monocryl, occasionally vicryl, and rarely v-lock.

In brief: Standard laparoscopi

Dr. John Kirk
Dr. John Kirk
Dr. Jane Van Dis