I was born without my left stomach muscle & have spina bifida. Would having no stomach muscle make my stomach appear bigger then it really is? 

Dr. William Singer
Pediatrics - Neurology
your abdominal muscles give shape to your abdomen.
The absence on one side may make your stomach bulge on that side.

Dr. William Singer
Dr. William Singer
Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice
In brief: YES, big stomach
Missing the 'stomach muscle' (rectus abdominis) allows the abdomen contents to 'bulge out' (like a large hernia) and make the abdomen appear larger.

In brief: YES, big stomach
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Edward Smith
Neurology
In brief: Stomach muscle?
The stomach (gastric pouch) is a great, big, hollow muscle with a membrane lining its innards.
Are you lacking this organ? Or do you means that one (or more) of your abdominal muscles is genetically absent? Or do you mean you have paralysis of abdominal muscles? The 3rd possibility is most likely in spina bifida. This would result in bulging. So what do you mean?

In brief: Stomach muscle?
Dr. Edward Smith
Dr. Edward Smith