My lower back is always in terrible pain from a car accident 6 yrs ago, i'm also a cna, how can I help my back from hurting so bad?

Dr. Reid Blackwelder
In brief: Be evaluated,need dx
It is important to know what your diagnosis is.
Especially if the pain is still severe, you may have a cause that can be treated. Matching diagnosis to treatment is the most important step. However, after six years, it sounds like you have a chronic pain syndrome. Those are very difficult to manage. Best approach are integrated approaches with exercise, pt, etc, maybe judicious/proper use of meds.

In brief: Be evaluated,need dx
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Ramin AmirNovin
Neurosurgery
In brief: Core strengthening
There are many studies on the subject of lower back pain.
The majority suggest the best method of controlling chronic lower back pain is exercise to create core strength and loose weight. I also suggest daily stretching and core strength exercises. You can find these exercises at: http://harvardneurosurgeon.Com/pt2.Html.

In brief: Core strengthening
Dr. Ramin AmirNovin
Dr. Ramin AmirNovin
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery