I get ekgs very often & my qt interval is usually 380-430. Today my heart rate was 70 but qt was 338. Is that shortened? Will i go into v-fib?

Dr. Michael Moran
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: QT varies w/ HR

Your qt interval will vary w/ your heart rate, as well as certain electrolytes and medications.
Yours is in the normal range, deadly arrhythmias usually occur when the qt is too long, not too short, so unless there is some other reason to be at risk for v. Fib., like structural heart disease, your risk should be low.

In brief: QT varies w/ HR

Dr. Michael Moran
Dr. Michael Moran
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Anxiety

Your qt interval is fine, why are you so concerned about it? Is there a family history of problems?

In brief: Anxiety

Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine