My baby who is 15 months has a cold or canker sore on the corner of her lips/mouth... :( what should I do?

Dr. Donald Cohen
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Supportive care

Your child most likely has contracted primary herpes simplex.
Most of us have this and will more than likely be the only episode as a child. It can be treated with topical anesthesia or Acyclovir topical antiviral medication but you would have to see the pediatrician for this. The sore should resolve in 7-10 days and cool easy to eat food is the best way to keep your child nourished.

In brief: Supportive care

Dr. Donald Cohen
Dr. Donald Cohen
2 comments
Dr. Donald Cohen
I agree.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
2 additional notes. ALL children should see Dentist (preferably specialist Pediatric Dentist, a Pedodontist) within 6 months of eruption of 1st baby tooth, but no later than 1st b'day. Also, NEVER put infant to bed with a bottle containing anything other than plain water.
Dr. Shontae Buffington