I have had my cycle now for 22 days with bright red bleeding. I have a mirena (levonorgestrel) IUD for a year now and my cycle is usually 14 days. What is going on wit?

In brief: See your doctor
There are many possible explanations to this .
One of my biggest concerns when a woman experiences a significant change in her bleeding pattern is that her iud may have migrated the first thing i tell my patients is to check the strings and make sure they can feel them. If you can't, then definitely schedule an appointment with your physician. I also recommend checking a home pregnancy test.

In brief: See your doctor
Dr. Kimberly Haycraft-Williams
Dr. Kimberly Haycraft-Williams