Gums and inside lips hurt. Gums bleed when brushing. Feels tender. Mouth wash helps.

Sore bleeding gums. Signs of gum infection. Mouth wash will not cure infection, just numb area a little bit. Important that y0u see your Dentist or a specialist Periodontist as soon as possible. Gum infections do not self-cure, and are not self limiting, spreading to other organ systems.
Inflammation. The pain is probably due to inflammation in that area... Could be from periodontal problems, could be from a cold sore, could be from a burn. Can't tell over the internet. You may also have calculus buildup which needs to be removed. Please see a local dentist for a definitive DX and treatment.