I have sleep apnoea and use a cpap machine but my nose hurts due to dryness etc' I use the "2 small pillow" type, what can I do to help the problem?

Dr. George Valdez
In brief: Humidify
Check with the equipment supplier, they can often make adjustments or add humidifier.

In brief: Humidify
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. Sumeet Kumar
Neurology
In brief: Dryness
Try adjusting the humidifier to your comfort level.
Nasal saline at night can also help. If the pressure is too high it can cause dryness, especially with nasal pillow masks. Try using a full face mask or at least a chinstrap to make sure you mouth is closed at night. Also see if the pressure can be lowered slightly to prevent leaks. Other factors include medication side effects and things diabete.

In brief: Dryness
Dr. Sumeet Kumar
Dr. Sumeet Kumar
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology