I'm allergic to benadryl, (diphenhydramine) have been since i was little. I stopped breathing and swelled up. What else can I take? Is zyrtec okay?

Dr. Albert Pizzo

In brief: Allergy to benadryl (diphenhydramine)

If you had such a severe reaction years ago to benadryl, (diphenhydramine) you should be under the care of an allergist to help protect you, from other allergy attacks that could be severe.
It may be that you reacted to something that was in the Benadryl (diphenhydramine) rather than Benadryl (diphenhydramine) itself.

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Scott Bobbitt
Dentistry

In brief: Go to ER now!

Any time you stop breathing from swelling it is serious emergency.
You can die. Don't mess with over the counter meds! get to a doctor--yesterday is too long to wait!

In brief: Go to ER now!

Dr. Scott Bobbitt
Dr. Scott Bobbitt
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology