I have uterine fibroids. Recently, my abdominal area has risen a bit. I do not experience any discomfort whatsoever. Should i still have surgery?

Dr. Neil Halin
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: Up to you.

Any treatment for uterine fibroids (ufe, myomectomy, hysterectomy) should be based on your symptoms and how much they bother you.

In brief: Up to you.

Dr. Neil Halin
Dr. Neil Halin
Dr. Jane Van Dis

If your abdominal area is rising, it could be because your fibroids are growing? I typically counsel patients, if the fibroids are affecting the qualityof your life, that's a good reason to get surgery.
I.E. Causing bleeding, pain, difficulty conceiving, abdominal discomfort, bloating. No one can make the decision for you as you know, surgery isn't without risk. Good luck!

Dr. Jane Van Dis
Dr. Jane Van Dis
Dr. Jane Van Dis