What are signs of throat cancer?

Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Hoarseness, etc.

Hoarseness, a lump in the throat, throat pain, weight loss, blood in the sputum are possible signs of throat cancer, though these signs may be caused by other problems.

In brief: Hoarseness, etc.

Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice

In brief: Hoarse and others

Throat cancer (usually due to smoking) can cause various sign/symptoms depending on the exact location.
If the primary tumor is on or near vocal cords then hoarseness is a symptom. I have had patients with 'back of the tongue' cancer or 'tonsil cancer' and these just caused 'pain' in the area. Also a late finding of 'head/neck cancer' is enlarged lymph nodes in the neck. An ENT md is best to see.

In brief: Hoarse and others

Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely