I burnt my tongue 2 weeks so. It still hurts and there is a whitish coating on my tongue. I brush my tongue with my electric toothbrush 2x/day.

Dr. David Kam
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Tongue injury

The tongue is a highly vascular organ with great potential to heal.
Use saline or half strength hydrogen peroxide rinses three time a day x 1 week and stop brushing your tongue with an electric tooth brush as it interferes with healing.

In brief: Tongue injury

Dr. David Kam
Dr. David Kam
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Stop brushing

Allow the area to heal.
If you had a burn on your hand brushing it would only cause irritation. Try rinsing 3x/day w 1tsp salt in 8oz luke-warm water. Swish and spit out. Also call your Dentist for an examination of both the burn and the damage that you did to the burned area.

In brief: Stop brushing

Allow the area to heal.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Andrea Brand