Can prolonged severe anaemia cause long term heart problems? Even after the anaemia is resolved.

Heart dilation. Severe anemia decreases the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood, so the heart responds by increasing cardiac output. If the anemia is severe, one of the adaptations may be heart enlargement. Wall stress is higher in dilated ventricles, potentially, and this can lead to myocardial remodeling (scar). Repeated transfusion therapy as a treatment for anemia may lead to iron overload of the heart.
Long standing anemia. Can cause what is called high out put heart failure . This is due to mismatch in supply and demand . The heart failure should reverese once the anemia is corrected . It is hoever possible that some permanent damage my have happened . The good news is there will not be no progression of the illnesses even if it is not corrected . The prognosis of treated anemia induced heart problem is excellent .