Would hashimotos normally be picked up in a blood test checking my thyroid?

Yes. It can be picked up on a blood test but your doctor has to specifically order the test called thyroid peroxidase antibodies (tpo antibodies).
Yes. If a full series of tests are done including antibodies to the thyroid.
No. Usual thyroid function tests are not designed to diagnose hashimotos. A separate set of test to detect antibodies to thyroid antigens is needed for the diagnosis. Abnormalities in thyroid function tests occur in hashimotos only after more than half of the gland is destroyed.