Will using a salt water nasal spray help prevent developing a perforated septum?

Perforated septum. A perforated septum can occur after nasal trauma, with drug use and after surgery. Saline sprays are neither here nor there in preventing septal perforations. Have your nose evaluated by a board certified otolaryngologist,
Nasal septal perf. If you already have an issue with your nasal septum that puts you at risk for developing a septal perforation, use of saline nasal spray will not necessarily prevent the perforation from occurring. If you have not done so already, see an ENT for evaluation and treatment of the cause. This may prevent the perforation.
May. If you have a dry nose it may help to moisturize the membranes. Dry membranes can lead to septal perforation, though there are many more causes.