When talking that boxing causes a trauma in brain in some cases you mean when someone is hit on his head or the person boxing without being hitten ?

Dr. Douglas Chang
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: TBI

The person receiving repetitive trauma to their head.

In brief: TBI

Dr. Douglas Chang
Dr. Douglas Chang
Dr. James Okamoto

In brief: Boxing is great

Boxing is great exercise, and unless you are doing heavy sparring with contact to the head you won't get brain damage/trauma.
Not all boxing has to involve "fighting" in the ring. I take boxing and spar against pads and some "light: sparring but nothing that would cause brain trauma, so if you enjoy boxing, by all means continue! It's a good stress reliever too!

In brief: Boxing is great

Dr. James Okamoto
Dr. James Okamoto
Dr. Eric Weisman