Why is buying brandname drugs from other countries bad? I need them for fertility treatment

Dr. Khurram Rehman
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Not worth the risk
I don't advise getting fertility drugs from outside the us as they may be improperly stored, expired or even counterfeit.
Pills may be stable in storage but could be labeled in another language . Injectables like follistim, Gonal-F have equivalents in other countries but these meds need refrigeration. No way to tell if they are exposed to heat unless your treatment doesn't work, not worth the risk.

In brief: Not worth the risk
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. Andrew Silverman
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Fertility drugs
The risk of using fertility drugs abroad is that if the country doesn't have the equivalent of the fda there is a chance that the medication is substandard.
Worse than that it could be contaminated thus dangerous.And possibly harmful to you. This happened to one of my patients who purchase the drugs from mexico, and caused her irreparable harm.

In brief: Fertility drugs
Dr. Andrew Silverman
Dr. Andrew Silverman