Why do I still have symptoms of endometriosis at 55?

Dr. Luis Gonzalez

In brief: It's not gone !

Endometriosis is a chronic condition.
It is a myth that menopause will cure it. The tissue needs to be removed. Alternatively, you may have pelvic pain from other causes. Laparoscopic examination makes the diagnosis. The picture shows endometriosis being removed with robotic surgery, in my professional opinion, the best way to resect the disease. Talk to your gynecologist.

In brief: It's not gone !

Endometriosis is a chronic condition.
Dr. Luis Gonzalez
Dr. Luis Gonzalez
Dr. Michael Traub
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Not as common

Provided you are in menopause which most women are at age 55, endometriosis symptoms are not common.
You should try to make sure there is no other source of your symptoms, especially related to the GI system. You may have scarring inside the pelvis that is causing the symptoms which generally is independent of your hormones or menopause status.

In brief: Not as common

Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Michael Traub