Why did they not tell me about risks of IUD in my college years? I had fertility problems

Dr. Wayne Ingram
In brief: Informed Consent?
Before any device such as an iud or treatment is undertaken, "full disclosure" of the "yeahs and nays" as is said in texas should be done.
Yes, iud's do have an impact on future fertility if a pelvic/tubal infection occurs.

In brief: Informed Consent?
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Not sure
Iud contraception is safe and effective but can lead to problems if you get an infection.
You should have received informed consent at the time of the insertion. Time can affect memories of what was said and your concerns over the level of risk may have changed. You may also not have received a thorough explanation. These days, we see the iud returning because it is safe and has advantages.

In brief: Not sure
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Adam Levy