What can headache and neck pain mean?

Dr. Gerald Mandell
Nuclear Medicine

In brief: Headache from neck

Neck pain can comes from a number of disorders and diseases.
Examples of common conditions producing neck pain are degenerative disc disease, neck strain, neck injury such as in whiplash. Associated symptoms are often result of nerves becoming pinched in the neck. For example, compressing the nerve of sensation to the back of the head, which comes out of the neck, causes headaches in back of head.

In brief: Headache from neck

Dr. Gerald Mandell
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Related?

Neck pain and headaches often coexist.
The question remains is what is the source of the pain and headaches. Could it be related to the neck degeneration, whiplash injury or facet disease? Also people can have generalized headaches per se. I would recommend getting an evaluation for more details.

In brief: Related?

Neck pain and headaches often coexist.
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Vikram Patel