Do blood clots from varacose veins stay in your legs?

No. Blood clots in your leg veins either dissolve away with time or scar down and obliterate the vein. The larger the vein the more likely the clot is to dissolve naturally. This may take several months and will happen from the inside out so that the vein may feel hard and thick until the process is complete.
Maybe. Depending on how close the clot is to a deep vein, there is a chance they could migrate and create an embolism in the lungs - a dangerous condition. If they are more than 5 cm away from a deep vein, this is unlikely and treatment is only with a compression stocking, Ibuprofen and warmth. If it is closer than that, it should be treated as though it were a dvt.