If I put off having children until my 30s or later, do I have a greater chance of getting endometriosis? Also, is there any truth to the belief that delayed childbirth can lead to endometriosis?

Dr. Kenan Omurtag
In brief: I believe that these
Are not physiologically connected (a former mentor of mine did).
Delaying childbearing can increase your rate of subfertility. In a population of infertile women who have laparoscopy, up to 40% will have endometriosis. If you are on birth control pills you are likely helping yourself reduce the risk of endometriosis.

In brief: I believe that these
Dr. Kenan Omurtag
Dr. Kenan Omurtag
Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Gynecology
In brief: No hurry
You don't get endo just by delaying pregnancy and you don't get"cured" if tou get pregnant.
If you are healthy a d having normal periods with mild to moderate cramp you should be ok. Having your yearly exam and talking to your doctor is a good way to monitor things.

In brief: No hurry
Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery