What type of physician should I see for foot arch discomfort?

Podiatrist. You can see a podiatrist, a foot specialist. They have the initials dpm at the end of their name.
Podiatrist. A podiatrist is trained in foot and ankle problems.
Foot Specialist. Select a board certified doctor with training in the foot and ankle. Look for a dpm (doctor of podiatric medicine) or an orthopedic md/do (medical doctor or doctor of osteopathy) with a fellowship or special interest in foot and ankle. It is important that you are comfortable with the provider and you might want to consider the recommendations of friends and family in making your choice.