My friend diagnosed stage 4 inoperablel lung cancer.6 rounds of chemo shrunk tumor but tumors in adrenals grew.She was diagnosed in march.Prognosis?

Dr. Hiroshi Takita
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Cosider localtherapy

I think the lung cancer can metastasize to the adrenal gland either by the lymphatic or the hematogenous route.
In case of metastasis by the lymphatic route, it can be a solitary metastasis, and the prognosis can be relatively better. If the patient is young and in good performance status, aggressive treatment(stereotactic radiotherapy or even removal) can be considered in very selected case.

In brief: Cosider localtherapy

Dr. Hiroshi Takita
Dr. Hiroshi Takita
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Defer to Doctor

It sounds very grim, but none of the physician's here would want to, in any way, guess as to the prognosis.
We would defer to the professionals caring for your friend in person.

In brief: Defer to Doctor

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Jane Van Dis