Debating on whether to start my antidepressants again i used to take remeron now im switched 2 lexapro (escitalopram)..How do these exactly prevent anxiety attacks?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Discuss this with Dr

Hopefully your dr (or others) can explain too.
Drugs will not prevent pas, in fact they can be side effects of those drugs. That said, those are both used for tx of anxiety as well as both being prescribed in depression. I'd like to suggest trying talk therapy too. Cbt can really work for learning ways to both reduce the freq, severity & manage the symptoms you identify. Best wishes.

In brief: Discuss this with Dr

Dr. Donald Jacobson
Lexapro was never FDA approved for panic disorder because it failed to trials. You may wish to ask for something that actually works in panic disorder. Discuss this with your psychiatrist.
Dr. Eric Weisman