Lumbar media branch vs facet joint?

Depends. Where they inject and how much relief you get depends on what is causing the pain. Discuss this with your pain mgmt doctor.
Facet Injection. A facet injection is a minimally invasive procedure that can temporarily relieve back pain caused by inflamed facet joints. A facet injection includes both a long-lasting corticosteroid and an anesthetic numbing agent. The Medial Branch Block is mostly an anesthetic injection for diagnostic purposes to determine candidacy for radiofrequency ablation.